Join The Skills Fund Team
Named one of the top 50 startups to watch by Built In Austin, Skills Fund is a rapidly growing startup merging education tech and financial tech to revolutionize higher ed.
More importantly, we can't wait to come into work every day. Why? Because we emphatically believe in our mission to transform the lives of students by leveling the playing field for access to high-quality, skills training and education. We have a real opportunity to create real change.
We’re always looking for exceptional talent to join our growing team. If you’re interested in joining us, we encourage you to read The Skills Code to see if you'd be a great fit for our culture.
Based in Beautiful Austin, Texas, & Washington, DC
One of the top 50 startups to watch by Built In Austin
High-Performing, Mission Driven Team (We have fun!)
Client Relations Manager
Skills Fund is on a mission to transform student lives and careers by providing access to tech bootcamps and skills training programs. We partner with schools that meet our high-quality standards and offer simple, transparent tuition financing to their students. With our school partners, we’ve helped over 10,000 students access life-changing programs and raised the bar for education quality and outcomes.
We are looking for someone passionate about changing education. We believe schools should be in the business of creating growth and opportunity for students, which is why we only partner with schools that put a priority on return on education. And we want you to join us and play a key role in our mission of revolutionizing higher education!
What’s the opportunity?
· Educate schools and borrowers on Skills Fund’s loan products, processes, and opportunities for support.
· Onboard new partner schools and new staff members of existing schools on areas related to Skills Fund’s financing model, marketing and admissions support, and other partnership-launch related topics.
· Follow-up on conversations via email and CRM documentation; support Partner Success Director in additional follow-up activities.
· Support Partner Success Director in preparation and follow-up activities related to high-value accounts, internal initiatives, and strategy implementation.
· Administer CRM database by ensuring information is accurate and up to date; develop and maintain school-outreach reporting features.
· Support Partner Success Director on projects aimed at enhancing the school and borrower experience by collecting and documenting information.
· Travel as needed to campuses to lead workshops, meetings, and participate in relevant events.
What does it take to succeed?
Attitude: Positive, tenacious, curious, fun. No task is below you. If you’re seeking to stay in one lane and build a widget, this position isn’t for you. We all act with ownership over the company’s success and love having responsibility over many areas.
Qualities: Purpose-driven. Relentless in achieving important results. Have uncommonly high standards. Eager to take ownership. Exquisite ability to shift and focus and juggle many responsibilities at once. Welcome ambiguity and have a bias to action, even in its midst.
Focus: Must love details and combing through large data sets to a fault. You dream of building reporting and analytics with complete accuracy and repeatability.
Fun: Must know it, have it, and be able to inspire. You find joy in hard work.
Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
What do you need to apply?
· 1-3 years of experience in consultative selling, account management, or similar position.
- Ability to present to a wide variety of people via different methods, such as phone, email, and face-to-face.
- Ability to clearly articulate a problem and develop a solution-implementation timeline.
- Ability to recognize and record patterns across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication. The message stays the same, continuity on every slide, and no typos.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and commitment to follow-up.
- A demonstrated understanding of loans, credit, and banking concepts is a plus.
How do you apply?
Not every company is a great fit for every person; before applying, please visit https://skills.fund/careers and read the Skills Code. In your cover email, please include a succinct explanation as to why you want to join the team at Skills Fund separate from the specific position. Please send your resume and cover email to email@example.com
In your brief explanation, please also include responses to the following questions:
1. Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Skills Fund? Yes/No
2. Will you now or in the future require Skills Fund to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status. Yes/No