Q: Can non-U.S. citizens apply?


Yes. A student who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident or has Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status may apply with a creditworthy cosigner who is a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.

Non-U.S. citizens are required to upload the following documentation to verify identity as applicable to your individual resident status:

1) U.S. Permanent Resident Aliens: Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I‐551); or

2) Non-Permanent Resident Aliens (temporary residents): Valid visa – acceptable forms: F-1; J-1, M-1; E-1; H-1; L-1; G series; TN-1; TN-2; OR I-20 Form (pages 1 & 2 signed) AND Unexpired Passport from country of origin; and,

In addition to (1) or (2) above, applicants must upload the following:

a. Unexpired foreign passport; and

b. A copy of government issued document or identification that includes your national identification number. NOTE – For countries that include the national identification number on the passport, confirmation therein is sufficient.

3) DACA status: Documentation from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security / U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that indicates DACA status that does not expire before the end of the enrollment period for which the loan is being requested.